The caption underneath the photograph reads, " The Sturdevant, Larrabee, and Kittell Carriage Factory of the 1880's in McGraw became a paper box factory in the 1890's. The Central Paper Box Co. and the McGraw Box Co. of 1919 gave the village the nickname of 'The Box City of the World.' A premier box of the 1920's was a wood treasure chest containing a mirror or a music box, and is today most collectible."
The McGraw Historical Society holds copyright and reproductions rights. Prior written permission is required for any use of this image.