This digital image may be used for educational uses, as long as it is not altered in any way. Please cite as Town of Clifton Park History Collection. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the images of the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library.
Jpeg, 300 dpi; from an Archival Tiff-Epson 1640XL, 600 dpi
One of the interesting places of history is 'Pat. Brown's' farm buildings located on the Grooms' Road, one mile east of the corners. The small house, now shed, to the right was the original home of the emigrant William Palmer who settled there before 1800. The house has been moved twice since making way for the present residence. William Palmer was born in England in 1720 and died here in 1802. His son Matthew, born 1755 died in 1822 lived there and later his son Henry 1790-1863. Henry 2nd, 1832-1894, was living there in 1866. At that time Palmers had a store, post office, and plant nursery at Grooms Corners. They are all buried in the Baptist Church cemetery. One of the boys went west and settled in Denver. A Palmer descendent was here in 1972 looking up family records to take back to Calif.